We have a way of thinking that over-complicates happiness. Like it has to be hard. It is as if we believe that serenity and grace are only the good fortune of the Dalai Lama and his cronies.
The simple truth is that we need to start simplifying a bit.
Letting go a bit.
Letting things be a bit.
I am not saying sit back and chill in the hope that blessings will fall from the sky. It may, it may not...
But this is the tight little sequence that is the way to serenity and grace:
1. Have a desire which comes from a good place, not revenge or getting the upper hand. More from a desire for better - for yourself and others.
2. Give it your best shot. Certainly try and try hard.
3. Accept that your way may not be the best way, that there may be a way you do not see.
4. Let go of HOW it MUST happen.
5. Understand that timing is not up to you. Life is full of events that needs to happen and people who need to get ready (including you!), to actually appreciate the good when it appears.
6. Sit back and get excited about what is in store for you.
I do not know how this works. It is not as if I do not have hard things I need to struggle through. Everyone has. But this process actually takes the pain out of the struggle.
I am not going to tell you where you should put your trust.
Your concept of your Higher Power belongs to you. All I know is that this gives me a safe place to fall, that when I hand over outcomes to my Higher Power, I open up a way bigger scope of how things can unfold in my life.
And I am excited about it!
Baby steps, Sweetheart! Which outcome can you let go of today?
So this is where I tell you more about my journey...
Maybe there is something in my story you can use to make your own life better. I really do hope that my random ramblings are of use to someone out there!