Today, let's not focus on what we do not have control over - let's focus on what we do have control over - our happiness!
As it is so hard for co-dependent person to understand that there is absolutely no - NO - way we can effectively, truly, lastingly change another person or the bahaviour that irks us so, some of us may die trying!
And we will only do that as we are not aware that there is another more effective way to live!
So this is where the magic happens - when we take back control of our life!
- we become aware of our feelings, our triggers, our reactiveness
- we learn to respond rather than react from fear and our hurt
- we get to have wants and needs and understand that those are our own responsibility
- we get clear on what we want to achieve emotionally and in life and set a manageable plan in motion
- we learn that our happiness is not dependent on any other person, that no-one can gift us happiness and that we are able to craft for ourselves an outlook and a way of living that will enable us to say - each and every day - "I CHOOSE HOW MY DAY IS GOING TO BE!"
Sometimes we need help with our unconscious behaviours, our blind spots, our unproductive thinking styles.
Sometimes we need someone just to listen to us.
Sometimes we need to be part of a group that will show us the way in a safe and accepting way.
Main thing is this. Not doing something is also a choice, and it has results.
And if we want change, it has to start with us.
That is all we ever have. And that is a good thing. No, it is a great thing!
Baby steps to empowerment, Sweetheart!
So this is where I tell you more about my journey...
Maybe there is something in my story you can use to make your own life better. I really do hope that my random ramblings are of use to someone out there!